2012 Huntington Beach Parade
The 2012 Huntington Beach Parade
The 2012 Huntington Beach Parade takes place on Wednesday, July 4th. The Huntington Beach Parade begins at 10 am and lasts about two hours. The theme for the 2012 Huntington Beach 4th of July Parade is “Celebrate Huntington Beach.”
The parade route begins at Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) and 8th Street. The parade will travel south on PCH, turn left on Main Street and continue up Main Street ending past Yorktown.
There is no cost to attend the Huntington Beach Fourth of July Parade but prime viewing spots will be filled early. Some of the more popular spots include the stretch of PCH between 8th Street and Main Street, the commercial area on Main Street near PCH, and the area around Lake Park on Main Street.
Lake Park has the only bleacher seats available to the public and these seats are highly recommended to assure good viewing of the Huntington Beach Parade. The $15 pre-sale cost of the bleacher seats is reasonable and the proceeds benefit local charity.
The other advantage of Lake Park is that this is the location of the Huntington Beach Kiwanis Club pancake breakfast beginning at 6:30 am.
See our FAQ about the Huntington Beach Parade for details about times, locations, parking, street closures, VIP tickets, and more.
The Huntington Beach 4th of July Parade is actually part of a four day Huntington Beach Pier Plaza Festival with events beginning Sunday morning, July 1, and ending the evening of July 4 with the Huntington Beach Fireworks show on the pier.
The Huntington Beach Pier Plaza Festival will be going on from 10 am to 9 pm each day. There will be live entertainment, a booth for K-Earth 101, and many other vendors and activities. This will all take place around the Huntington Beach Pier.
Other activities the day of July 4 include:
– the Huntington Beach Kiwanis Club pancake breakfast at Lake Park beginning at 6:30 am;
– the Huntington Beach Surf City 5K Run and Fitness Expo from 6 am to noon at Worthy Park located at Main Street and 17th Street; and
– the Huntington Beach Fireworks Show at 9 pm on the Huntington Beach Pier.
Tips for Attending the 2012 Huntington Beach Fourth of July Parade:
– Arrive very early. The crowds will be large, parking will be difficult, and you will need time to walk to the parade route and find a spot for viewing.
– Bring quarters in case you need to feed a parking meter.
– Call the Huntington Beach Community Services Department at 714-536-5486 to pre-purchase bleacher seating at Lake Park. You will save $5 per seat and avoid the risk the bleacher seats sell out by the time you get there.
– Bring sunscreen and water.
– Review the street closures and parking maps in our FAQ about the Huntington Beach Parade. The street closures will make driving very aggravating if you have not planned your route.
– Be respectful of fellow visitors and homeowners along the parade route. Huntington Beach is a family community and there will be a heavy police presence to assure public safety.